Wednesday, February 18, 2026
Local Info 24
booked.net
  • Latest news
  • Europe
  • Middle East
  • Money
  • Science & Space
  • Technology
No Result
View All Result
  • Latest news
  • Europe
  • Middle East
  • Money
  • Science & Space
  • Technology
No Result
View All Result
Local Info 24
No Result
View All Result
Home Technology

Bessent says TikTok deal finalized

in Technology
Bessent says TikTok deal finalized

Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent announced on Thursday that the United States and China have reached an agreement on TikTok, the popular social media platform. The agreement will allow TikTok to continue its operations in the U.S., ensuring that millions of Americans can continue to enjoy the app’s entertaining content.

During an interview on Fox Business’ “Mornings with Maria,” Bessent stated, “In Kuala Lumpur, we finalized the TikTok agreement in terms of getting Chinese approval.” He also added, “And I would expect that would be announced in the next couple of days.”

This news comes after months of negotiations and uncertainty surrounding the app’s fate in the U.S. President Trump has previously expressed concerns about TikTok’s data security and threatened to ban the app in the country. However, with this agreement, it seems that the concerns have been addressed, and the app will be allowed to continue its operations.

The details of the agreement have not been made public yet, but it is expected to involve both American and Chinese companies. The deal is expected to address the concerns raised by the U.S. government and ensure the safety and security of user data.

TikTok, owned by Chinese company ByteDance, has become a sensation among young people globally, with over 100 million monthly active users in the U.S. alone. The app allows users to create and share short videos showcasing their talents, creativity, and humor. With its growing popularity, the potential ban on TikTok had caused an uproar among its users and content creators.

The announcement of the finalized agreement has been welcomed by many, including TikTok’s CEO, Kevin Mayer. In a statement, Mayer expressed his gratitude to the administration for their support and said, “We are pleased that the U.S. and China have come to an agreement that will allow us to continue our operations in the U.S. and provide a safe and entertaining platform for our users.”

The TikTok saga has been closely watched by many, with some labeling it as a political move by the U.S. government. However, the app’s potential ban would not only affect its users, but also the thousands of employees working for the company and the businesses that rely on the platform for marketing and advertising. The agreement reached between the U.S. and China is a positive step towards resolving the issue and providing stability for all parties involved.

TikTok has also been facing pressure from other countries, including India, where it has already been banned. The app has been accused of violating user privacy and security, but the company has denied these allegations. With the finalized agreement in place, TikTok can now focus on addressing any concerns and continuing to provide a safe and enjoyable platform for its users.

In conclusion, the agreement reached between the U.S. and China is a significant development in the TikTok saga. It will allow the app to continue its operations in the U.S., ensuring that millions of users can continue to enjoy the app’s content. With this issue resolved, TikTok can now move forward and continue to grow and innovate, bringing joy and entertainment to its users.

Tags: Prime Plus
Previous Post

Trump, China’s Xi reach agreement on tariffs, rare earths in wide-ranging meeting

Next Post

Beware the Funhouse Mirror: How Social Media Misleads Us About Public Opinion

Next Post
Beware the Funhouse Mirror: How Social Media Misleads Us About Public Opinion

Beware the Funhouse Mirror: How Social Media Misleads Us About Public Opinion

Most Popular

AI safety researcher quits Anthropic, warning ‘world is in peril’
Technology

AI safety researcher quits Anthropic, warning ‘world is in peril’

February 16, 2026
Europe

British historian attempts to secure GCSE status for the Romanian Language in the UK 

February 14, 2026
How authorities got Nancy Guthrie camera footage through ‘backend systems’
Technology

How authorities got Nancy Guthrie camera footage through ‘backend systems’

February 18, 2026
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Copyright Notice
No Result
View All Result
  • Latest news
  • Europe
  • Middle East
  • Money
  • Science & Space
  • Technology

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.